Killer Instinct, Watch Dogs among the launch titles for Xbox One
As Sony announced their plans to release the PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15, Microsoft finalized their list of launch titles for the Xbox One. (http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-launch)
Making the announcement at the yearly GamesCom conference in Germany, the Seattle-based company says over 20 titles will be available for the Xbox One when the console hits stores later this year.
Among the most notable titles on that list includes Killer Instinct, Double Helix’s spin on the classic Rare 90’s arcade fighter.
Also expected to be released at launch is Assassin’s Creed, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, and Watch Dogs.
Here’s the full list, according to Microsoft:
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
- NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
- Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Curiously, Microsoft has still yet to announce when exactly the Xbox One will be released in North America.
Source: news.xbox.com (2013)
Author: Jeremy Turnage
Editor: Shane Luis